Seriously, is working at home-employment possible? The answer is yes and in this post, I discuss about the things that you can do from home that will enable you to earn money in the coziness of your own home.
There are tons of employers online that are looking for skilled freelance service providers. You might want to study or learn this area, enhance your skills and start providing freelance services. To give you an idea, I compiled a list of what kind of skills are highly in demand.
I Work Home Jobs and I don't have to worry about my outfit!
- Virtual Assistance/Virtual PA– This job is similar to working as a secretary, office assistant or admin assistant. Mind you, virtual assistance jobs are not only for females, there are males who work efficiently in this area. So, if you are organized, dependable and diligent—make sure to check out the opportunities related to this job positions. Don’t worry, I will not keep you hanging as I will give you more information about this in my post entitled “Virtual Assistant Employment.”
- Data Entry– Data Entry Specialists usually help employers in doing simple and repetitive tasks. Actually, in the freelance world Data Entry is considered a non-skilled job. However, I don’t consider it as such. Many think that this type of job does not require a skill as long as you can copy and paste. Well, not necessarily, there are a data entry job that requires a worker to have a fast typing speed, great attention to detail and good listening ears. Data Entry does not only cover up copy and pasting, some jobs such as transcription basically falls into the data entry job type. We all know that in order to transcribe a person must have an excellent listening ear and a decent typing speed. So, don’t believe the notion that Data Entry is non-skills job. I will discuss more about Data Entry in post entitled: “Home Work- Data Entry.”
- Writing– Content writing or article writing has a huge demand nowadays. If you enjoy writing and can write well, you won’t have any problem finding a job in this area. With writing jobs, you only need to of course have a good grasp of the English language and good grammar (notice that I said good and not excellent, I’ll explain this to you later) to get hired. Aside from good grammar skills, you’ll need a pen and paper or word processing program to get started. I’ll discuss this further in my post entitled:” Writing jobs at home.” I will also provide the websites/companies that are looking for freelance writers.
- Blogging– I know, I know I already added writing and then here I go again discussing about blogging. Well, as you may have noticed I mentioned above you’ll need good grammar skills, a pen and a paper or a word processing program to start with your writing gig. Obviously, the same things are or probably needed if you want to get your foot into the blogging world. However, with blogging you need to have blogging skills, that being said you must know what a blog is what blogging system (i.e. WordPress or blogspot) to use and so forth. I will discuss this further along with additional resources in my post entitled: “Money in Blogs.”
- Customer Service– Have you ever wondered who you are talking to when you contact the support of the credit card companies? Some people may already know that many of the call service representatives’ sits and work at home. Customer service representatives work on different aspects and support level of businesses. Also, I’d like to emphasize that customer service type of jobs do not only focus on inbound and outbound calls. There are also customer service jobs that do not involve the use of telephone. Chat support and email support also falls in this category. I’ll cover this in my blog post entitled: “Telecommute Positions.”
- Tele-Marketing/Tele-Sales– If you can market a product on the phone without sweat, tele-marketing jobs are not a bad idea. Not many have the skills to communicate to clients and market or sell a product through the phone. I recommend that you go ahead and try working as a tele-marketer if you have the skills for it. Aside from hourly pay, companies are also paying for commission- not a bad deal after all.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – The demand for this job is always high and hot. Employers are always searching for SEO expert to help them drive traffic to their website and increase their ROI.
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) – Social Media has become an awesome marketing tool on the internet. And lots of employers and companies are taking advantage of Social Media, to help them get the words out about their companies and the services and products that they offer. Although, Social Media covers several medium, majority of companies only focuses on two of the most used Social Networking Platform- Twitter and Facebook. So, if you already know how to use Facebook and Twitter and you know how to create posts or statuses that are engaging and informative then you have a big advantage of landing a job as a Social Media Marketer.
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)- Although, SEO and SEM goal is to increase website traffic and page rank, these two varies in that SEO promotes the site with the use of highly searchable organic keywords, while, SEM uses paid links/inclusion and advertisements.
- Internet Marketing – This area covers the three skills mentioned above, SEO, SMM and SEM. You have more chances of getting hired if you are proficient in doing SEO, SMM and SEM.
Now let’s talk about the working at home- employment for Techies (a person proficient in technical or technological aspects.
- Web Designing – If you have a great eye for a good design and know how to code sites using HTML and CSS then you have a great chance of getting hired as a web designer.
- Programmers– This is another area that in huge demand. Aside from web development, there are numerous employers that are in search for excellent programmers. I added this category separately because companies have different needs. For instance, an employer is looking for an iPhone application developer. Thus, a programmer with the knowledge and expertise in developing iPhone application is needed.
Other examples are:
*iPad Application Development
*Android application developers
* Facebook App developers
- Graphic Designing– Companies are always in need of talented graphic artists. Graphic designing covers several areas including print ads, brochures, web graphics and more.
- Project Management– Companies and employers will definitely need someone to organize and manage their team of virtual employees. As a virtual project manager, you are expected to have a variety of skill sets. You have big chances of landing a job as project manager especially if you have studied Information Technology, Business Administration and Computer Science. Also, if you are a certified project manager the better.
Don’t let your guard down as of yet , if you don’t have a degree or a certification, but you have experience in managing a team of workers and is able to organize business processes, then you are definitely qualified in becoming a project manager (Aahh, the beauty of freelance jobs).
So Folks, there you have it! This wraps up – Working at home- employment!
Don’t have the skills mentioned above and you don’t like computer jobs? And you don’t like sitting and working in front of the computer for longer hours? Don’t worry in my post entitled: “Make Make Money Money Online Ways!” – In this post, I will discuss making money doing what you love to do, like crocheting, knitting and more.
Note: The other posts are still in progress. I only released this blog last week, so I ask for your patience; I will update this blog regularly. So, bookmark this page or email me so I can notify you when I publish new information.